How to Join 1% for Land and Rivers
The easiest way to join the program is to get in contact with us – we’ll provide materials and guidance every step of the way. Email Julie Norberg, 1% for Land & Rivers Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 801-870-0891.
Protecting healthy rivers and open spaces in our community is simply good business. It is an investment in the future of our economy and community. We are fortunate to live in an area where the natural beauty attracts tens of thousands of visitors each year.
Did you know that according to the Colorado State Demography Office, our county is set to double in size in the next 25 years? Now is the time to think about conserving what we have! EVLT and ERWC ask you to join us in protecting the resources of our community, so that future generations may enjoy all of our natural wonders.
Eagle Valley Land Trust (EVLT) and Eagle River Watershed Council (ERWC) together are Eagle County’s only non-profits exclusively focused on conserving and protecting rivers and open spaces for the benefit of the community. Together, we have launched the 1% for Land & Rivers Fund. EVLT and ERWC help local businesses to establish and promote the program to their customers & clients who voluntarily participate by making a 1% donation with their purchase. Customers and clients have the opportunity to opt-out of the program. The 1% donation and ability to opt out is clearly communicated to customers through promotional signage provided to you.
Funds collected help promote and restore healthy rivers, clean water, conscientious development, preservation of open space, wildlife and fish habitat, agriculture, water rights, and economic diversity throughout the Valley. With your help, we anticipate great success! Once the program reaches $100,000 in annual revenue, a portion of the funds generated will be allocated to a grant program, which will be open to organizations and entities working on land and water conservation projects in Eagle County.
Why Should I Participate?
- Support the natural beauty of the Eagle Valley.
- Maintaining the beauty and health of our lands and rivers protects our local economy.
- 100% is reinvested locally.
- Encourage collaboration between nonprofits.
- It is easy to implement.
- This is an opportunity to showcase your business a supporter of healthy land and rivers.
- Free signage, promotions, and benefits that display your support of land and water.
- No cost to you!
The packet includes:
- General information on the 1% for Land & Rivers Fund
- Benefits for your business if participating in the 1% for Land & Rivers Fund
- Answers to some logistical questions you might have about starting the program
- A sample of the signs that can be placed in your store window
- The 1% for Land & Rivers Fund agreement
Benefits to Participating Businesses
- A social media post announcing your business as a new supporter of 1% for Land & Rivers and an annual recognition post via social media.
- Listing and web link as a participating business on the 1% for Land & Rivers webpages on both the Eagle Valley Land Trust and Eagle River Watershed Council websites.
- 1% for Land & Rivers Fund thank you ad, listing each participating business, printed in local papers at least one time per year.
- If desired by the business, 1% for Land & Rivers Fund will arrange a check presentation one time per year. Usually, the corresponding photo is printed in the Vail Daily’s Town Talk and/or social media.
- Highlighted articles in the ERWC and EVLT newsletters about participating businesses.
- Special invitations to ERWC and EVLT events.
- The knowledge that you are helping to protect the waterways and special lands of the Eagle Valley!!